South Moreton School Admissions Policy
Any child whose parents are residing in the parishes of North Moreton, South Moreton, Aston Tirrold and Aston Upthorpe are within the catchment area of School.
A free bus service operates for all pupils living in the catchment area.
Children whose parents reside outside the four parishes can state a preference for their child to be educated at South Moreton School or to be transferred from another school. If parents so wish then the following procedures must be followed:
- An Oxfordshire County Council’s Admission to Primary Schools form has to be completed online or in paper format and returned to Oxfordshire County Council.
- No place can be officially offered until written notification has been received from Oxfordshire County Council, admissions department.
- Oxfordshire County Council is compelled by law to comply with parent wishes unless:
- it prejudices the provision of efficient education and the efficient use of resources
- there are no places available.
As a member school of the Oxford Diocesan Schools Trust, we follow the ODST admissions policy. Children who will be 5 years old between 1stSeptember and 31st August, are offered a full time place from the beginning of the Autumn Term. Each child will be given the opportunity to visit the school during the term prior to their starting school. Children are expected to wear the school uniform at school and for school trips, unless they are informed otherwise.
Registration for September 2018
If you wish your child to be educated at South Moreton School, please contact the school and complete a registration form. You can also make an appointment to visit the school, or attend an open morning in the Autumn Term.
For children who will be 4 years old between 1st September 2017 and 31st August 2018 registration forms are available online from Oxfordshire County Council website. https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/online-school-applications
These forms should be completed and returned by the date indicated by Oxfordshire County Council. Unfortunately, late registrations may result in disappointment, as places will be offered outside catchment area.
The admissions policy for 2019-20 was consulted on over December 2017 and January 2018. Responses received were considered by the governors and the policy was determined on the 8th February 2018.