School Meals at South Moreton
We strongly encourage children across all year groups to have one of our hearty, healthy school lunches to keep them focused in lessons and to save you time at home. All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are eligible for Universal Free School Meals.
Our menu aims to:
- provide high quality food
- support local businesses where we can
- prioritise the use of ingredients from sustainable sources
- be flexible to adapt to different themes such as topic areas and seasonality.
- consider the children's viewpoints, via the School Council and Eco Council e.g. the Eco Council have previously expressed a wish for more meat-free meals throughout the week, which we have been able to offer.
We eat lunch together in the Sports Hall. Children are encouraged to be sociable and polite whilst they enjoy lunch with their friends across year groups.
Please click here for the current menu.
For children in Year 3 upwards, payment for school meals is managed online through ParentPay. If you don't have a ParentPay account set up, please call the office and speak to Miss Pocock or Mrs Venn. All meals must be paid for in advance.
Meal cost is £2.50 per day
If you think your circumstances may mean you are eligible for benefits-related Free School Meals, please contact the Office in confidence. They can run a quick check to clarify this.
For those children who bring a packed lunch to school, please note that we are strictly a nut-free school. Packed lunches are not to contain crisps, chocolate or sweets.
Children are encouraged to bring a small fruit snack for morning break. Fruit is provided to Key Stage 1 children under the National Scheme. Fruit snacks should be whole fruit, and not dried fruit bars such as Winders or Yoyos.
Milk is provided free of charge for children under the age of 5, however it may be purchased throughout your child’s time at primary school. Please contact the School Office if you wish to do so.